Giving Great Advice Across The Coast
Buying Property Advice
You will need a Spanish bank account and N.I.E. Number (if not already obtained we will be happy to help with this process).
On finding the right property for you we will advise on the correct way to the purchase procedure.
Firstly a deposit to secure the property from other potential purchasers is advised while your solicitor examines the relevant documentation or "due diligence" which is a reservation contract.
Normally a €6,000 deposit is placed at your solicitor or our clients account at The House of Christianzens, which is 100% refundable if there are any legal problems found with the search on the property.
The contract contains details of:-
- Property Address
- Property Price
- Signing date of the Private Purchase Contract
- Amount paid for the Reservation Contract
- Any conditions relating to finance
- Signatures of the purchaser and vendor
Once your solicitor has examined the relevant documentation and allows you to proceed with the purchase a Private Purchase Contract is drawn up which will include details of:-
- Completion date
- Exact details of the property and its boundaries as in the Government Registration or Referencia Catastal.
- Agreed terms and conditions between the purchaser and vendor.
- A full 10% deposit is paid (less the 6000 euros already lodged)